On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Panting with Joy (?)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, good news (and another publisher fire drill -- that makes, what, like 6 since May...guess you should count on about 1 a month and hope they don't stack...

Got an email last night that HeartMate is going to be RE-released in August! And they decided to do new art and wanted stuff by now this am. So I thought about it. I worked so hard on that book that I haven't actually read it through, but I had 4 ideas: 1 Amber Heart Necklace, 2 Bloodstone Runes, 3 "Glisten" Silver Vase, 4 Marriage cuff...the runes and the cuffs I had on my computer. The Amber Heart Necklace and Silver Vase I surfed for...

Interesting, thrilling, but anxiety making, as always...

May unexpected inspiration come to you today (because we only have OUR goals we can accomplish. Something like the above isn't something that we can always influence. I wondered about reissuing, but said nothing, and since I sold this book by myself, it's not something my agent would push -- so there's more Writing and Publishing Information for you).
Love to all,
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No necklace, amber or not, would satisfy all your reader's fantasies about the design of the Heart Gift. Maybe just one drop of amber, with some green leaves or twigs in it, would be more evocative and still leave to the imagination what the finish product would be. Less is more... or so they say!

1:08 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

An excellent suggestion. I will pass it on!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]