On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Dreams

Of the nine books I’ve written, (3 not contracted for) only the second – never sold – was based on a dream I had. BUT I’m a believer in “think about a tough problem and you can wake up with the solution.” I had a horrible dream last night – either about a writing career or life – in the general “nobody gets out of this alive” theme, but I woke up with an idea for revising a scene that didn’t work as well as I wanted.

So pay attention to your dreams – and they CAN be a mine of story ideas, twists, SO IF SOMETHING STRIKES YOU WRITE IT DOWN before it fades away into the ether and hits someone else on the head in one of those synchronistic moments….

Love to all,
Robin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, I love dreams for that reason. It's so great to use that as a way of working out a problem-give it to the old subconscious.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]