On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

RMFW Conference

Since I posted this blog to the RMFW loop, I feel honor bound to talk a little more about RMFW. It is, simply, the organization that taught me how to write. For $35 a year, if you live in the Rocky Mtn. Region, you get an excellent newsletter, access to in-person and online critique groups, great speakers (we just had Nancy Kress) a party or two, the loop for networking, and a fabulous conference. The conference has speakers on writing and on specific interests (i.e. herbs, poisons, weapons, museum security-gems) and on markets. Editors and agents from NY and locally attend. There is the chance to READ YOUR WORK BEFORE AN EDITOR OR AGENT on Friday afternoon of the workshop if you register early and ask to do so. This year's conference is September 9-11 in Denver.

This is the link: http://www.rmfw.org

I have been contest judge, librarian, Mainstream Contest Intake person, Contest Co-Chair, and President of RMFW, so you know they are an organization close to my heart. I'll be speaking about Organization for Pantzers this fall, and I guess I'll talk about being a Pantzer (writing by the seat of one's pants and out of sequence) in my next post...you know 50% of writers are Pantzers...scary for you plot and outline folks, ain't it?

Love to all,
Robin
2004 Rocky Mtn Fiction Writer of the Year (awarded by RMFW)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]