On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Critique Group

I LOVE my critique groups. I have two in-person that meet Saturdays, but Saturdays have been tough the last couple of months so one group met tonight. I honestly think that critique groups (or buddies -- outside eyes) are a must for every writer. I also completely believe that if you can't take critique (can't be slightly objective about your work to take and use comments to improve your work) you won't go far in the writing business. If you can't take critique from buddies, how will you deal with an editor? or two? or three? I have 3 now.

That said, I have to revise my chapter AGAIN. I hate that I have to do the work. But I've also found that sometimes I've kicked and moaned and whined about doing the work longer than it actually took me to fix the problem.

So those are my words of writing wisdom for today.

Love to all, (and I wish you could be here to give the single person a hug -- you all know how important hugs are, don't you?)
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

I agree. Crit partners keep you sane. And they drive you crazy, but how would we ever learn anything about writing without them?

We need the commaraderie and input from supportive, yet keen, eyes.

Welcome to blogging, Robin!

Consider yourself hugged!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((((Robin)))))))))) And yes being able to take constructive criticism is essential. After all the goal is to produce the best possible work.

6:42 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks folks, I appreciate it...I'm going to head over to outoftheblogspot now and intro myself.

Robin

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]