On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 18, 2013

LAST BIT OF CUT SCENE REGARDING WRITING HOKU'S STORY FROM HEART FORTUNE. Here was opening as revised by Glyssa annd Jace that Jace read to the Hawthorns

Belated birthday present to fan on Facebook: LAST BIT OF CUT SCENE REGARDING WRITING HOKU'S STORY FROM HEART FORTUNE. Here was opening as revised by Glyssa annd Jace that Jace read to the Hawthorns:

I opened my eyes to see the fog thin from the cryonics tube, and the top opened before my brain came completely online. Some techs and Umar Clague and his lady stood beside me.

Umar was significantly older than when we'd parted and I watched the fog take him under – late fifties or early sixties. He looked as close to cracking under pressure as I've ever seen him.

His lady's smile was strained as she said, "Welcome back, Netra."

I tried to open my mouth to ask them what was wrong, but couldn't. A pretty female tech I didn't know leaned over and wiped my face with a soft cloth. She gave me a juice cup with a straw. Clague and a male tech angled me up and my eyes stung because my body lost some contact with the steady and comforting vibration of the ship.

My first words were, "Are we going to die?"

"I hope not," Clague said.

Unlike me, he was – had been – a man of an optimistic nature.

This was bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the name Netra Hoku, rather interesting. Are you going to write more about him in the future.

Must confess that I enjoyed you book of several novellas very much and would look forward for another one. Maybe with four stories so they are a bit longer. The length of the story about Clovers was just perfect.

Thanks for giving us this great titbits about Celta.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for these cut seens. The contrast between Glyssa's early efforts and what Jace read is amazing. And now I want to read the rest of the story!

(Never mind the short stories)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]