On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo

Yes, NaNoWriMo has a summer camp this month. 50K words. Not as packed with people as November and NaNoWriMo itself, but I'm struggling valiantly to make up the first six days that was a wash for me due to RWA and house stuff.

Working on Heart Secret and I posted a (lame) cover (lamer than I wanted, but it has trouble uploading anything but my first effort), and a "book blurb." The blurb is a little more dire than the actual story... I don't have an excerpt up yet, am contemplating what scene to put there.

Anyway that's what I'm up to. Spent a lot of June and July on revisions, time off for conferences and judging contests, etc.

Merry meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet again.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Hi, Robin! This isn't a great place to put this, but it might be more visible to you than, say, an email to whatever addy I might be able to find. I'll also message you on Facebook, just in case. If you could tweet/blog/FB post about this, I would be forever grateful!

A friend of a friend, Amy Ahonen, disappeared off the highway west of Golden on 7/8. Her keys, wallet, and cell were all still in her car. The search for her was called off a couple days later. Finding out what happened is now just a matter of finding the right person with the right info. We are trying to use the great powers of the internet to find that person.
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/helpfindamy
Twitter hash: #findamy

9:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Done.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thank you, Robin!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]