On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 13, 2011

Name Chosen for 3rd Mystic Circle Heroine

Name Chosen for 3rd Mystic Circle Heroine. Thank you for all the wonderful names. You were all brilliant! Some of the names belonged to friends, family, previous characters so I scratched them immediately. After that, I made a list of all that I was given and finally figured out that I wanted both a K and an R sound (loved some of the M names, but I've used a lot of M names, so I reluctantly scratched those, too).

In any event, for right now and unless editor objects, my heroine's name is Kiri. To me it is lovely and has a little extra something that will match my heroine. Kiri Palger.

Thank you all!
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Since Kiri is Maori for tree bark that could even be a bit of a Celta name too - cool!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

Pretty name. Just finished Heart Dance, again. I'd forgotten Dafluer Thyme worked for D'Dandelion at Dandelion Silks. When I read Heart Duel again, I remembered how much I loved Clam.

6:22 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Donna, that did come up when I looked and the meaning will pretty much be ignored, I think.

Betty, yes, I recall D'Dandelion because I typed it often enough. ;) YOU know. Yes, I like Clam, too.

Sorry they aren't all in Nook yet.
Robin

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]