On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Good Conference as Author and Writer

I am going to try harder to keep this as advice for writers, and maybe some info for readers. ;)

Good Conference for Author because:

I sold more books than usual,
I met people who liked my work and told me I was wonderful,
I met people who didn't know me or my work and will give it a try.
I made a (small) connection with an editor from Roc (yay) and one from Harper Collins who doesn't handle any genre I write, but still...

Good Conference for Writer because:
I met good friends that support me,
and people I don't see very often who support me,
and I got to give kudos and support to others who needed it, which made me feel good
I listened to seminars that told me Good Stuff
I did my own interviewing a character and got some good stuff (and the seminar, set for this am at 8:30 SUNDAY, was attended by 12-15 people opposite the keynote speaker and a good topic that folk would only have to listen to).

You will note that a lot of this conference had to do with people, and I'm sure you understand from this blog that I am not much of a people person. But, again, this is my TRIBE, and everyone needs support.

One bad aspect. The air conditioning, and other stuff seems to have encouraged my cold to linger.

May you enjoy your tribe today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

It sounds like you had a good time at the conference.

Feel better soon. Summer cold or would that be fall colds are the pits.

Janice~

12:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I took a couple of days off this week even though I know I'm a few chapters from finishing Heart Journey.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]