On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Author: Best Promotional Tool

Photobucket

1) Write the best book you can.
2) Send out ARCs (advanced Readers Copies) to create buzz.

Your work should speak for you. Booksellers who like your work, readers, bloggers, will spread the word (booksellers may hand-sell)

May you feel accomplishment today.
Robin

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a reader I couldn't agree more with the whole list, especially number one!
In a previous posting you say - or I understood - that you have to change the title for Hear Change. Did I get it right?.. and if so any idea of the new title? It seems a little bit late for a change, no?

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. on an unrelated subject, i'd like to share with you a great book to read...The Girl with the Dragon tatoo by S. Larsson (translated from Swedish)...
I cannot find another way to say thanks for the fun of reading your books, other than buying them and recommending them to friends and foes alike.
Thanks

11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so agree about sending out
ARC's to readers and reviewers. I also suggest posting on romance forums or having your fans do so for you. If you're having a book signing, promo on local online news and let your local RWA chapter know as a support team.

5:43 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Heart Change is fine. I found that out when they ran the back cover copy by me and I (and friends) rewrote it.

I don't know if they will want to change Heart Journey, and I am unsure of the third "working" title of Heart Hope, mentor doesn't like it, mainly because she gets Heart Ho...when she hears it.

Thanks for the book recommendation.

Promotion and marketing is a whole different area that we all need to learn, but it's very difficult to gauge what works.

Robin

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]