On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Unpublished Work -- Pitch for Betrothal and Blackmail

Liked the name of this one A charming hero, and historical lite, Regency setting and mores is all.

My only NON-paranormal novel length manuscript (I think I have a couple of proposals). I recall that I worked hard on the opening and liked it, and liked Emily, the heroine, and the love scene.

I finished this book a day before I heard Christopher Vogler lecture on The Writer's Journey. I went straight home and checked the manuscript out, and, by golly, I'd hit every one of his archetypal story "beats" right on. I was thrilled. So I recall the Threshold Guardian scene with the French chef especially.

The Pitch:

Betrothal and Blackmail is a historical romance set in Regency England in which the hero and heroine agree to a false betrothal as a condition to obtain his property from his evil aunt. At the houseparty to formally announce their betrothal, the aunt is murdered. The hero and heroine discover the depth of their love for each other while they search for the murderer among a myriad of blackmail victims.

May you smile at your work today.
Robin

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Wow, that one sounds good, too.

Then again, I'm not entirely sure you can produce a bad story! :-)

7:15 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, this was book 3 and the romance might have been a little weak...or something. Anyway, it didn't sell. ;)

Robin

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]