On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Excavations Underway

I have successfully excavated the dining room table and now have piles on the living room and dining room floor...ok, one little pile on the dining room table of "take care of now." Also a mug that was made for my old defunct critique group one holiday that holds pens, a little china dish holding paperclips, flash drives, etc. the laptop and the corkboard placemat where I eat...and my earbuds and motivational music. But that really takes up maybe 1/3 of the space...which is why I have the problems.

Photobucket


Next up, the left top two shelves of my credenza. Shelf one has huge notebooks of the full mss. of Shades of Honor (unpubbed), Betrothal and Blackmail (unpubbed), and HeartMate (pubbed). I think the big blue expandable envelope is Heart Thief. Then various colored portfolios that I use for my raw pages/critique pages etc.

Shelf two has some ads I've done, all the contracts, and some of the royalty statements. Those need to be sorted. Sigh. And I need to copy the scanned contracts to pdfs and put them there.

But I am feeling good about the (currently very chilly) dining room table.

May you feel satisfied today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

It feels good to get things organized.

Have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Janice~

12:59 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Janice, and Happy Holidays to you! I've had the major family Christmas, though I'll be eating with my Mom and brother, I think on the day itself.

Then I go to my friends "Freehold Christmas" on Saturday.

Busy season!
Robin

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]