On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 21, 2008

Heart Proposals Finally Submitted!

Photobucket

Well, I've been talking about Heart Change and Heart Journey for a while now and I finally got my act together, wrote out a brief synopsis today (after thinking about it for months and modified from a not-so-brief synopsis that raised more questions than it answered), did some last fiddling with the chapters and sent them out this evening.

Working for yourself means you often work on Sunday....

May you enjoy your free time.
Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Yay! Another in the queue! *does happy dance of joy*

'Cause you just know they're going to be smart enough to snap that puppy up in a heartbeat!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Have you been receiving the email notices about Sherrylin Kenyon's new book?

I wonder what you think of this advertising blitz, including this little video trailer they created for the book and posted at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-mQoCZC_JI

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

Whose story does Heart Change tell? I gather Heart Journey is about the female tracker?

Thanks,

Jennifer

12:35 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Silver.

Tannun, I've been so snowed under that I haven't seen the blitz, but I like Sherrilyn Kenyon, both as a person and as a writer. This is the book her Dark Hunter fans -- anyone who's read just one of those books -- have been waiting for, so it makes sense to promote it. I liked the trailer, sometimes I don't, and I hope her publisher paid for it and not her. I'll buy the book, too.

Jennifer, Heart Change is bringing back a couple of minor characters from Heart Duel, Cratag Maytree, the Hawthorn guard, and D'Marigold who was in the Healing circle. Cratag has a couple of scenes in Heart Fate, but I didn't shoehorn D'Marigold in...

Robin

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

Ooh. Doing happy dance too! Question: what female tracker? I don't remember any mention of one unless she's in Heart Fate which isn't out yet.

Jenny

9:45 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Jenny, Helena D'Elcampane (Del), has only been mentioned, and only in Heart Fate, so you won't see her until your book.

Robin

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]