On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, July 18, 2008

Map

All right, I'm getting hit from all directions lately, RMFW conference stuff, RWA conference stuff, 3 contests I'm judging, Denvention, Luna book maps and revisions (which I've been mulling over), and my own deep need to get the Heart books out.

So for today I have a map that may appear in the front of Echoes In The Dark.

May you know where you're going and your priorities today.
Robin

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzane in VT said...

According to my husband, "All good books begin with a map (or in some cases 'maps')".

For me, they help not only to visualize what the author is trying to say with their words, but also immerse myself in that world and follow the character's adventure easier.

Suzane

12:52 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I like maps myself...obviously.

Robin

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Suzane's husband, I love maps in my books. I reference them often while I am reading. To me, it brings the story more alive.

Tine

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]