On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 07, 2008

DONE!

Photobucket

So, Echoes In The Dark is really, really done, came in at 597 pages, 137,907 words, hard copy has been mailed, .rtf copy emailed. If it came out today the way I sent it I would be pleased.

I am hoping that production will be a lot easier this time than with Keepers Of The Flames because it shouldn't have to be cut any further, I hope.

Of course, if I'd had a full book to tell Raine's story, the last two books might have been around 500 pages instead of 628 and 597 (ms pages). I'd also wanted to explore Luthan and Koz a bit more.

I hope people won't be too upset at who dies...

And now I think I'll go take a nap, or catch up on email, or play City of Heroes....

Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

City of Heroes! I play on the Freedom server!

Congrats on getting the book finished. I can't wait to read it.

Now take a nap...

Done?

Get to work on the next book! :)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

Hopefully the circumstances of their passing will help us with our grief. We all know you would NEVER be able to satisfy all of us with whom you chose to kill off or save, so we'll just have to keep a stiff upper lip and bow our heads in remembrance for those you did. To help us through this process you may want to include an explanation about the whys and wherefores in your Author's Notes.

7:58 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Hi, Tannun, I am mostly on Virtue and Justice, though I have "toons" / "Chars" scattered on every server. I keep Guardian for my book characters, Alexa is there, looking very Alexa like. I deleted Marian today because she never matched what I thought she should look like. The cowboy books are too big for Calli....sigh.

Suzane, HEA, I did my best, but...

Robin

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]