On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 23, 2008

Computers

So how come every time you (I!) have a computer problem it can't possibly be an easy fix? Anyway the desktop is in the shop being cleaned of dust and cat hair (imagine that), and fitted with a new wi-fi card. I bought a new wi-fi system but it's not up yet.

My new baby Asus came yesterday and I love the looks of it. I'm not sure of the keys. I have small hands and fingers, but it seems the keys are smaller still, and stiff. Especially when compared to this laptop, and the laptop keys are, of course, not nearly as nice as the desktop's split ergonomic keyboard...I think I'm definitely going to have to trim my nails. OTOH, it opened my wp files fine. The screen is very little, so I'll have to get used to that, too.

So, I am hoping to have the desktop back today but don't know if that will work. I'd sorta been told it would only take a couple of days, which was yesterday, and if I don't get it today there will be the long weekend.

Working in my office on the laptop is weird. I like working on the dining room table with it, and keeping it pretty much for writing. So I unplug it from the cable when I want to write and take it downstairs, then for stuff like this and email, I bring it back up.

I am liking Memorial Day Weekend. It FEELS like a holiday to me, and is welcome since my days seem to meld together.

I think that's all I have to say, except I've been pretty much making my morning wordcount which can be my daily wordcount. Errands have taken up the afternoon.

So may you all have a lovely weekend. And go see Indiana Jones! We haven't planned a group outing so it looks like I'm going to be on my own there.

Take care,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Have a chat with T'Gremlin. I'm sure he's passed close to the computer and his weird flair has infected it!

5:02 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, Tannun, I think it was a problem of him nesting inside for a while...but many of the problems have been fixed.

Robin

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]