On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Three Stories in My Head

I did quite a few things yesterday, but since I've been thinking about the new story that I took to critique, and I went up to Georgetown (I'm going to model a new town in Heart Journey, book 2 of the proposal I'm sending to my editor), Heart Journey was in my head, and, of course, my insane deadline for the last Luna book is pressing upon me.

So, like the above massive sentence, they all messed around in my mind. I really wanted to work on the new story (and I think I've lost some of the bits I thought of yesterday), but that one isn't contracted for. So when I came down from the mountains winding through Clear Creek canyon, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Helen D'Elcampane (or do you think it should be Helena?), and wrote the first three pages of Heart Journey.

Then, with many breaks, I opened a vein and proceeded with working on the last Luna book. (I continue to call it in my files, Singer for a World, I just can't get my mind around Echoes in the Dark). It went fairly well, and I am visualizing it being a shorter book, because it needs to be so I can make it a very good book, and it will definitely be more of an action book...at least the big battle in the end.

Anyway, I have other (personal) news I may talk about tomorrow. We'll see.

May your day go very well.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since the surname sounds French maybe you should use their spelling of the name?
I thought that Marigold was a first name, not the family's. Probably I am wrong.
A reader.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Helena. The three sylabuls (sp?) helps offset the last name. It rolls of the tongue much nicer when said all together than just Helen would.

My two cents.

Tine

12:38 PM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

I like Helena as well. It has a lovely sound to it.

Hope your personal news is especially awesome, whatever it is!

1:39 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I think I'll check and make sure it's Helena.

Robin

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]