On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Speaking

Tip: Prepare to be a speaker. My improv experience was priceless. Also, make notes you can speak on and remember that even a new author will have stories to tell.


Just in from speaking at Northglenn Public Library, a small session but I had a good time, told many of my favorite stories, and will do it all over again on Monday night...except I'll get different questions. I only got lost in one diversion...and darn, it was a good point I wanted to make, and recalled a few minutes later when I was driving home.

I got more than my wordcount done today.

It's been a good day...even though I didn't know I should have looked more like my website photo (which is an impossibility unless I take a couple of hours), since that was the one they had of me.

Oh, and I took the cat to the vet and she is still in remission of diabetes and her blood sugar was in the lower normal range. So I won't be watching her fat intake as much, she's lost a couple of pounds too.

My vet is a Mom & Pop operation and I was told a couple of months ago that he had an accident with his hand. A couple of his fingers still looked bad. Seems like it was an accident with a table saw =:0 But he can still do surgery, which was a great relief to them. Being a very reasonable vet and a Mom and Pop operation, I know that that was a great concern.

So DON'T HAVE ANY ACCIDENTS WITH TABLE SAWS!!!

May you stay safe today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]