On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Out of Contract

Now that I've submitted Heart Fate, I am out of contract on the Heart books. This is always an iffy time, will they want more? I usually don't think about this until I start working on another proposal in the option clause, but my agent was in New York last week and met with my editor. Haven't heard anything, and I tend not to announce until the contracts are actually signed.

OTOH, I liked Heart Fate, it wraps up the last of all the previous relationship dangling threads (though I have at least one villain floating around out there if I want to bring him back).

We'll see. But Out Of Contract can be scary.

Take care and enjoy your day,
Robin

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary for your readers, also!!!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, very scary since I bought the first five two weeks ago and just finished the last of them last night (yes, all five in two weeks! Couldn't put them down!) My Heartmate says my upkeep is getting too expensive. ;) Can't wait to get my hands on the rest. Keep 'em coming! Please.....

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely they'll ask for more!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for luck, just in case!

5:41 AM  
Blogger kris said...

nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Must_Have_More_Celta!! Must find out about Antenn. And Vinni. And others who I can't mention until later.

BTW - where are the interesting secondary female characters? We started out with Mitchella and Trif as interesting secondary characters who were made into main characters, but there seems to be a dearth of them around right now.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Oh, dear! They must buy more! I need more T'Ash and Holm and Mitchella...and we need Vinni's book! And Antenn's! And...and...

**As a side note: could I possibly have used more exclamation points there? I think not!

2:00 PM  
Blogger kris said...

What I meant about my interesting secondary female characters - I can't figure out who is going to be Antenn's love interest in the future.

Inquiring minds want to know if we have met her yet!

8:19 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks all, this really pumps me. You know, you're right about the interesting female characters. I tend to mention them but not introduce them. Well, can't go back and fix that in Heart Fate. I HAD planned on a scene with the upcoming heroine D'Marigold from Heart Duel, but I just didn't have space and it would have definitely been "inserted" into the story, so I didn't do it. I have been tinkering with writing a little scene where it happens anyway, but there wouldn't be much interaction, **sigh**. Kris, I have begun to set up for Antenn's story in Heart Fate. His lady is mentioned, if you have a twisty mind you might be able to figure out her future profession (as a rebellion to her Family circumstances) which will play into how they come together and some conflict. Currently Antenn's story is slated to be the last, of the next generation, I think.

We spoke of Heart Journey and I introduced the male lead in Heart Fate, he had a purpose, but it's also obvious FUTURE MALE HERO. Mentioned the heroine, but she was NOT in Druida so no way to bring her in. BTW, I've been making notes on that story lately.

The hero of Heart Change, Cratag Maytree, was seen in a couple of scenes in Heart Fate, again FUTURE MALE HERO telegraphed.

Think that's all.
Robin

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lady Niko said...

I'm with the others here - definitely hoping for more. :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]