On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 Yearly Word Count

Photobucket

I was bad about keeping track of my word count last year on my journal calendar. I know it's off (lower) just not by how much. I've calculated it by the amount of words in the rough draft of Keepers of the Flame and the chapters and scenes I currently have in Heart Fate. But any scenes that didn't quite make it into the books weren't necessarily counted.

I didn't keep track of miscellaneous writings on proposals, idea bits, etc. much. Nor did I keep track of how much I wrote the retreat week.

So, I'm off and that annoys me. The count I have is: 264,814 which is not quite three pages a day.

May all your ducks line up in a row today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn, I empathise with your current challenges...I have 3 days to finish 2 3000plus word assignments. not much creativity required but I still find some days i can just flow the words on the page (like today) and yet yesterday I couldn't string two sentances together. Anyway dont be too hard on yourself, I love your writing! and remember quality counts!!! Jem

11:50 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

265K isn't bad at all, Robin. Go you. :)

-Catie

4:01 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ooooh, anon, hope you did well. Catie, I'm fairly pleased with it, but would like to keep better track, and up it a little more.

Robin

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]