On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

At Retreat

So it's 1pm. Today is cooler and the ocean is rougher, the sky isn't as blue. I moved around yesterday, trying to find a spot. Working on the decks outside -- my bedroom or outside -- is impossible due to the glare factor. I can't see the screen. I actually lost about three paragraphs while messing around trying to get the computer in a good spot. So no more outside.

My roomie is working mostly in the room, but I like the openness of the living dining, sitting area (have taken many photos), and like hearing the surf so I am downstairs. I'm going to go out and walk soon. I"m not sure when high tide is, but we have a wonderful clock in the pantry that shows it. The walk to the beach from the bottom of the stairs is 80 steps for me. The walk out to the sea at high tide is 37.

As for writing, I got one transition scene done only yesterday. Finished knitting together Chapter 10. Now I'm working on 11 and went to the grocery today and other stuff, but am doing better. I bought 3 disposable cameras. The camera I wanted was not locally available.

One of the days I'm here a couple of us will be going to two plantations, tomorrow or Thursday, I think. I've been eating well, mostly leftovers. Anyway that's it from the beach, I can't think that I could NOT do this next year.

Take care and enjoy your day.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]