On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 26, 2007

Timing

Struggling with timing (and later I might add the calendar for the month of Alder)...2 1/2 months ago Saille sent his HeartGift out. 3 weeks since Yule. 3 months (maybe 3 1/2) since Dufleur had her last Passage...father died a year to a year and a half ago. Saille came into his title 4 months ago???

I always mean to keep track of these things at the time I'm writing them and never do. And many times they depend on the events of the previous book, which I always mean to get a copy and note the times on the page (like I did for Guardian and Sorceress) so I can reference, then put it on something I can look at. And don't.

Ggrrr.

I'll work on it until I have to go to kinkos copy the thing double sided and send it out to be received tomorrow....

May all your timing be right on today,
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading HeartDance soon! Great to keep up with the blog and comments from your fans. Got an email with photos of painted cats from a book. Would it be ok if I forward a copy to you? I think you would like it if you have not seen them already.

10:59 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Marina,

Yes, I've seen the email! In fact, I have the book, which was the inspiration for cat painting.

Robin ;)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]