On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Reader Critical Feedback -- Author Message Boards -- Me for the month of February

Yes, I belong to community message boards, but like many things, I fall behind. This month, the Luna Community board is featuring a discussion of Protector of the Flight, and I will be there answering any questions and discussing.

What's interesting is that the readers DO argue about the motivation of the hero and heroine. When the serial came out (Song of Marwey,), a little over 2 years ago there was much back and forth about who was doing the honorable thing. Different slants that I hadn't even considered. It was fascinating.

So if you have message boards you log onto and discuss, great! And if you have a message board for your own work, that's wonderful, too, and I am in awe of your stamina.

Oh, and the Luna folks have been very good about discussions of the Celta books, too.

May the sun shine on your writing today (it's been absent the last couple of mornings from Denver).

Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, a lurker here speaking out, just to let you know that I got my copy of Protector of the Flight the other day. I loved it. In fact, I love all your books. I just found your work last summer in the library and liked it so much I had to find all your books for my own collection.

I've been reading for about 4 decades, ever since I learned to read :), literally millions of words. Your characters feel real to me and your books are an easy read. I have to make myself put your book down to rest my eyes!

So keep up the good work, and I'll try to wait patiently for the next installment of either series. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Well, those Lunatics are an intelligent and articulate bunch!

I am ready to discuss...as soon as I get my hands on copy! Need to check my local bookstore!

I have great expectations for this one!

And Faucon does make an appearance, yes?

moon

6:53 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Reader, thank you so much! Just what I needed to hear after a icky (substitute different word) day yesterday! Flexing my cold, cold fingers and off to write after this.

Moonhart of course Faucon makes an appearance. A couple of scenes only, I'm afraid....

Robin

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]