On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New Writing Schedule

I've been trying a new writing schedule and it is working more often than not which is a very good sign. It's two hours.

Feed the cats and get drink in the am. Write two hours or 1250 words, whichever is more (it's the words). Take two hours off, then back to write again two hours. This should always net me at least 2500 words a day.

So far, I've usually hit at least twice a day, but I hope to work up to a third time (and dream of a fourth). A couple of times the writing has been going well and I just keep on until 2500 words. Usually just making that is wearying. So far.

Consistency, which I'm not great at, is what I've always believed to be important.

May you make your writing goals today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing your schedule it reminds me of a say, that you might know already, but here it is: "dogs have masters, cats have staff"
Hope you can write a lot and so I can read more books from you!

3:18 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, reader, that often seems true.

I am writing as much as my brain allows.

Robin

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]