On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 26, 2007

PROTECTOR OF THE FLIGHT IS **OUT** & Publishers Weekly Review

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis is a big deal because Publisher's Weekly is a respected magazine by bookbuyers and librarians (said Mom, the ex-high-school librarian: "Publishers Weekly is very good, not as good as Library Journal, but very good." She was really thrilled with Heart Thief's review in Library Journal and having it named one of the 5 top romances of 2003).

It isn't a coveted STARRED review, but I think I'd be too nervous for that anyway.

"In the solid third entry in the Summoning fantasy series (after 2006's Sorceress of Faith) by RITA Award–winner Owens, crippled, self-doubting ex-rodeo rider and horse trainer Calli Torcher is summoned from Colorado to Lladrana, a medieval French society on a magical parallel Earth, to assist in a dangerous fight against evil. There she meets two other Colorado women, Marian Dumont and Alexa Fitzwalter, known as Exotiques, who have risen to positions of power. After a spell heals Calli, she learns that she's needed to help train the flying horses—volarans—and the Chevaliers, their riders, who form the front lines against evil demons from the north. Calli must also choose a mate, so she bonds with the skilled warrior Marrec, with whom she fashions a life and family. Though most appropriate for romance readers, fans of Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey will appreciate the novel's honorable protagonists and their lively animal companions. (Feb.)"

Well, it IS sexier...and anything that compares me to Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey rates high with me!

May your writing voice be strong today.
Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I could have SWORN I'd left a few comments lately but I don't see them. Maybe I'm imagining?

Oh well, just wanted to say the cover, the story and the world are very exciting. I've read every one up to this point and am SO happy to hear my wait for the "Protector ..." is over.

I'd seen the initial Heads-up on C.J. Barry's site and was excited then.

Now, just have to go out and find it.

Congrats on the magazine mention.
Well deserved.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yaay! Must go forth and buy today. :D I went on a book binge the other day and was very bummed they hadn't put it out early. But now I get two days of book buying instead of one, and that's never a bad thing. :)

Congrats on the review!

10:56 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Yeah Robin, not bad company you're holding with Anne and Misty, eh?

LOL!

Looking forward to this one!

moon

11:40 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, folks. Even if you didn't leave comments, Michele, you were thinking about the blog and that's all I ask...

Holly, I know what you mean, enjoy!

Moon, I'm beaming....
Robin

8:57 AM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

What a lovely review, Robin! I'll put "Protector" on my "to buy" list. :)

5:32 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Katey!

Robin

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]