On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, January 29, 2007

Quote About Artists...

I DO have permission to use the below image and quote that is (c) by jstone

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting(c) jstone

As you all know, I have a page on my website called Free Your Artist, with motivational quotes, exercises and affirmations.

I also firmly believe that every person is creative and an artist in some way, even if it is a mother raising children (which I consider a great art form).

I think I also have told you that a hobby is doing collage or decorating my engagement calendar/journal (more on the journal later). So I keep a lot of cards and advertisements and stickers that catch my fancy.

I ran across a card (see above) I was given one holiday season by Steven, a critique buddy of mine, and I'm SO GLAD I kept it, because it is a quote that shouldn't be forgotten.

The most visible creators I know of are those artists whose medium is life itself. The ones who express the inexpressible~without brush, hammer, clay or guitar. They neither paint nor sculpt~their medium is being. Whatever their presence touches has increased life. They see and don't have to draw. They are the artists of being alive...(c)jstone

Inside it says: With best thoughts & warmest wishes to each friend, artists all.


May your creativity run high today,
Robin

p.s. On a lighter note, Steven always searches for perfect cards and one year I got Santa with flying monkeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]