On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, January 27, 2007

First Chapters Again

I had to revise the first chapter of Heart Fate, and I did it tonight, put it off as long as I could, but critique group is tomorrow.

I HATE revising first chapters, but often that must be done, even as late as after finishing the book. Usually I whine and moan and when I finally do it, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Well, you know how I hate wrenching scenes, and how I dislike sad openings. I have both in Heart Fate. I cried. And I think I made the book stronger in the first scene with my heroine, cleaned up some "legalities" in the scene with Tinne.

But I didn't like doing it, so there.

At least it's done (didn't even feel much relief, either).

May you have no nasty revision today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I do read Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey and I await your books as eagerly as I await theirs.

6:16 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you, Tine. Notes like yours always help a writer through.

Robin

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]