On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Originality

I don't consider my work incredibly original. I take bits and pieces of other ideas and use them, and if pressed, I can sometimes track the original idea to the author who inspired me. So the uniqueness I have is in mixing ideas.

So when people compliment me on my originality, I just believe that they haven't widely read in the fantasy genre.

What I do like to take pride in is my cats behaving like cats. They're more intelligent, but since this is the future I can get away with that. They've evolved as we have.

And with Tinne's story, I'm going to take another shot at a dog.

May you explore your own uniqueness today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Oh yay! I love dogs. I have one who plays an intregal part in my story and though he has no higher intellect, per se, he is fun.

Cats adore themselves. Dogs adore you.

They aren't stupid (though your cats on Celta seem to think so. LOL!)Maybe that is because the last was a smaller puppy. I have a mid-sized mutt. Celtan cats believe they deserve love and attention. But Earth dogs crave love and companionship. They will sacrifice even Greenies to get it and hold it.

So a needy/insecure dog might be an interesting contrast on Celta to a more common self-serving cat variety.

;)

moon

6:07 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

This will be an abused dog, wary, then needy. Like the heroine.

Robin

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]