On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Speaking

I'm going to give my Seminar, Survive To Write/Write to Survive later today. I think it's at 9:30 am at the Heart of Denver Chapter. I DID find my notes -- 2 sets, so I'll go over them and my stories.

BTW, today, 6 years ago, I got The Call, or rather my editor left a message on my answering machine that she wanted HeartMate. I actually picked up The Call on Sunday...and I think I told you all that story a year ago. ;)

Anyway, that's part of the seminar, and no one ever tires of talking about The Call.

May you find joy in your writing today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your seminar goes well. Let us know more about it. Feel curious about the title you had fun reading yesterday for the RITA. Please.
Sorry about your little cat, but you did the right thing for her.
What happened to Claif?

1:29 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

The seminar went fine, will talk about it tomorrow.

I won't talk about the RITA book or what categories I'm judging in depth or by name, but I may put this up on a blog with an "I Recommend" sometime in the future. We'll see if other judges liked it as much as I did. I really liked the humor.

You made me laugh about Claif. I think only 3 people have asked me about Claif Clover (Mitchella's brother, Danith D'Ash's gallant/former lover... If I have my way Claif will get a novella. I picture him checking out the Southern Continent for special wood for the family business, getting lost and being saved by a local girl somewhat an amazon-type. That's really all I have on Claif for now.

Thanks for making me laugh.
Robin

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]