On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, October 02, 2006

Cover Art Again

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of the best times of a book is when I see the cover art. Ok, I always worry and none is ever perfect (except Heart Duel, and what I have above is the ART not the final cover)...and Sorceress is excellent and Protector, too.

But here is one I did myself for my old FREE, ONLINE SERIAL READ:


The photo belonged to (c) Alex Tan, and the model to (c) Ian and Dominic Higgins. I put them together and added the lettering. I DO have permission to use both. And no, the Castle should be in winter, but I got the feeling right, I think.

May all your visuals be spectacular in your writing today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Wow, that's fantastic artwork, Robin! And a great idea, and another thing to add to my to-do list.

Just started reading Heart Mate. What a fabulous world you've created in Celta. I especially love how you let us discover it a little at a time rather than explaining everything at the beginning. Makes me want to keep reading.

And T'ash...RAWWRRR!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Liane Gentry Skye said...

Wow, you know, I would be all over that cover if I saw it in a store. You may have found your second calling.

8:46 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, thanks for puffing me up, ladies, but all I really did was cut and paste. My tinkering is amateurish with occasional flashes of brilliance...

Jeri, glad to know you admire my work. I like yours, too.

Robin

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]