On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Heart Match -- NEW TITLE HEART DANCE

My editor wasn't crazy about the title Heart Match (maybe because it sounded like HeartMate). I suggested Heart Dance last week, and she sent me back the back cover copy calling it Heart Dance, so that's what it will be.

And since I haven't written the ending, I have a feeling that's what I'll have them do -- dance.

This is great -- it opens up some more excellent ideas for scenes.

Dufleur Thyme is dragged onto the social scene for various reasons, so there have been and will be more opportunities to dance.

Speaking of dancing, the Celtans do line dancing (like contra dancing/sqare dancing) and I found this absolutely FABULOUS website for old dancing and watched some of the clips over and over, like the Grand March.

May your title stimulate your brain today and may you dance at the end of the day!
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Oh! I like Heart Dance...actually BETTER than Heart Match which for some odd reason makes me think of...tennis. Really. Point. Set. Match.

Go figure.

But heart DANCE well that is entirely different. I like it!

moon

7:14 PM  
Blogger Athene said...

I like Dance, I love dancing so I bet I'll be interested in that!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]