On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Snapshot of Working Files

We all have different ways of handling our organization of files. As you can see below, I don't put my documents in a "My Documents" folder. I think of that as a little extra security against viri, raiders, whatever. I put them in a file called Ablaze (at the top of any list), then as you can see. As a pantzer, I do have "conventions" for naming my files in my files.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

May you find everything you need today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That screenshot is a wonderful hint of things to come... :)

Are you able to comment on some of the new "Heart" titles seen there? From reading here, "Heart Dance" will be Dufleur and Saille's story, and I _think_ I remember reading that "Heart Fate" would be Tinne's story (the one I am looking forward to the most)... but what of the others ("Heart Change" and "Heart Sword", I think, not sure, the type's kind of tiny here)? Will we get to see Vinni's story eventually? Or will more new characters be introduced for these?

Thanks for all the wonderful writings and worlds to explore! Please keep them coming... :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Anon.

Heart Fate will be Tinne's story. I hope to sell Heart Change after Heart Fate (it's at 4 pages and a synopsis), and is D'Marigold and Cratag's story (spacing on last name because I changed it a couple of times -- he's a Hawthorn Guard seen in Heart Duel).

Heart & Sword was a prequel novella I had hoped to sell about the discovery of Celta from Nuada's Sword -- centuries of travel, mutiny, revived Captain with beloved wife NOT revived and still in the stasis tube...

I can talk more about that tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Robin

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I just re-read Heart Duel (my favorite, I think partly because I love the character of Lark and her career as a healer) and I had wondered about the brief mention of D'Marigold and her flair...

Heart & Sword sounds like a great concept. I would love to see more of the founding of Celta. Hope it turns up someday...

Also, just saw Protector of the Flight listed on Amazon. Will this be a hardcover as they say? Or like the two previous books?

Thanks again :)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]