On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 20, 2006

HeartMate Reissue

I got 2 advance copies of HeartMate yesterday and opened them up. The cover IS metallic and gorgeous, and I had to check because at first, I thought the page numbering is a little different because I didn't recall the end being where it was...the last page break I mean. But just the same, yep.

Now for a story. The first time I held a book in my hands it wasn't an incredible WOW, more like a quiet joy. I ordered it from BN.com which jumped the street date almost a month early, so early that they'd sold out and couldn't ship in December for Christmas, but that's another story.

I opened the book up. Looked at the page I saw, which was at the end of a chapter. My first thought was that the paper wasn't nearly as white as the manuscript paper. Then I recalled writing the scene. MORE, I remembered that I went back and broke that scene at that point for a better chapter ending hook.

I haven't opened the book at random yet, but I did take one to the day job and put it in my gray cubicle, which livens things up.

But I did read the ending and smiled. One of my best endings ever.

May your writing give you joy today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

I always loved T'Ash. And I like this new cover MUCH more than the original because I simply did not picture T'Ash anything like that cover model.

Enjoy the thrill...again.

moon

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to bring a copy to National so we can see it?

10:48 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, yes, I'll probably bring 2 and give 1 away for those who sign my mailing list...

Robin

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]