On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Friday/Saturday at RWA

It's been a couple of eventful days. Yesterday I attended a seminar for Harlequin / Silhouette authors (Luna is from Harlequin Enterprises) and the sheer business knowledge was awesome, as were the targeting and marketing programs. Made me goggle eyed.

I signed at the "free books" Berkley signing. They had HEARTMATE!! It is gorgeous. I ran out of books fifteen minutes before we officially closed and signed and gave away my wallet calendars.

Attended the Berkley cocktail party and talked to some good people, Angela Knight, Jo Beverly, Mary Jo Putney, my agent. More like screamed...

Then went on to the H/Q party to which everyone pants to be invited. FABULOUS food, particularly those little chocolate cups with Bailey's inside. Slurp. Love the spanikopita, too. Much to drink (all free). I had about two cocktails.

LOTS OF DANCING. So you haven't experienced 400 women dancing? It's a sight to behold and WAY fun.

Today crawled out of bed too late to make one of the seminars I wanted. Attended one, spaced the Luna one for which I'm flagellating myself. (**Curses**)

THE LITERACY SIGNING RAISED $62,000.00 FOR LITERACY. THIS PUT RWA INTO THE POSITION OF HAVING RAISED OVER A HALF A MILLION FOR LITERACY SINCE THE SIGNING STARTED.

Christina Dodd gave a wonderful, inspiring, talk at lunch and thus you see me here. The RITA's tonight, but first dinner with my editors...

May your writing be free of distractions today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]