On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 24, 2006

HeartMate Reissue Cover Reprise....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here they are, side by side. Again, one of the first things my editor said was "send pictures of cat." I still smile at that, and the first time I saw the original art was approximately 5 years ago, just before the RWA convention. So I'm sentimental about the cover, but frankly, I like the new one better -- EXCEPT THERE IS NO TATTOO MENTIONED IN THE BOOK.

As I started to write this, I got an idea of a scene to explain the tattoo -- as it is fading from T'Ash's arm many years before the start of the story...BUT, I think I've figured out that it could actually HAVE been in the story, but not noticed by anyone...LOL.

Thanks for indulging me.

May your muse indulge you today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to me that the tattoo would belong to the members of the triad or a gang and T'Ash sounds like a lone wolf. There is not enough personal detail of the man on the cover to identify him as T'Ash; he would not be like a herd member marking himself like cattle even if it was fashionable!!
If the tattoo is on the triad there is not much need of explanation it would be expected.

10:27 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, if we were talking gangs, the triad would be the ones -- who had glisten coated teeth. I'm pretty sure they intend this to be T'Ash on the cover. And the triad was mostly teens.

Thanks for the help!
Robin

5:38 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, yeah, Catie!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]