On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Beige White and Blue

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've been wanting to put this up, but like all promo on this blog, I feel slightly guilty, so I figured people wouldn't read it much today. This is the latest banner I have for one of my books. I did the wording, though Cissy at Writerspace also does excellent wording, even when she hasn't read the books.

I need to really batten down today and work on my writing. I haven't been making my wordcount because I need to string the MANY scenes I have for the first part of Heart Match together and fill in the holes. I'm only up to chapter 4.

I also MUST get in a new 3 book proposal to Luna, and I'll be working on the pages (50 pages) today, and as much of the plotting as I can.

All of the above has been fluttering around in my head, trying to gel into semi-solid shapes that can be useful.

If you're in the US, Happy Fourth! If you're a Celtan fan, Happy Landing Day! (I actually think it's sometime in June, but still, the summer).

May you do whatever you need to today, writing or promo.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

I love the banner, Robin.

Yesterday I had a great writing day, 10 pages of revisions. Okay that may be slow for some, but for me...Yippee!

It's interesting to see the smaller threads weave themselves in during revisions. I must admit that I enjoy revisions much more than that first draft stuff.

Happy Fourth!

moon

9:56 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Happy Fourth of July, Robin!

I loved reading the ARC link that you posted.
I've always adored the attitue the FamCats have.
She's just SO full of herself,LOL.

When you picture Straif, who do you see?
Just curious if there's an actor that fits that ideal.

Banner looks fine!
Thanks for sharing.
:-)

6:55 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Moon and Michele. Congrats, Moon, on the excellent day. I did day job yesterday.

I usually like rough drafts, myself.

Michele, Heart Choice was actually out last July, but I have all my excerpts up...except for Protector of the Flight and the new Heart Books.

Actually Straif is a young Clint Eastwood.

Robin

7:00 PM  
Blogger Alexis Moon said...

Love the banner, looks familiar ;-)

Get going on those proposals, girl! When this series is over, I want to dive into the next!! Although, personally, I think chapter four is a very reasonable chapter. Yes, most reasonable (you hear that muse! Chapter four is a very reasonable chapter to be on!!)

Good luck with the thoughts and ideas. I find that the more you wish them to shape up, the more they flitter away.

Happy Writing,
Amber

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]