On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Professional Conferences

Well, it's coming up on a month before Romance Writer's of America's Conference (don't know how much I spoke about this last year) and I'm getting my ducks lined up -- i.e. appointments with my editors and my agent. One of my Luna editors isn't coming this year -- bummer. And that's the reason for going to Professional Conferences. To meet your editor and agents, and other editors you'd like to sell to, and NETWORK. In writing, networking is a Big Deal.

Anyway, the conference is in Atlanta. Next year and last year it was in Texas. In July. I don't know why we can't go to the Pacific Northwest in July. I've never been to the Pacific Northwest and would love to go. **Sigh**

This year is a big deal because my agent, Deidre Knight, lives in Atlanta (or just out of it) and there will be a BIG party at her place and a tour of the agency and everything.

Mom can't come (eye surgery August 1 and she's feeling the pinch of the economy) so I'll be rooming with Janet Lane and Kay Bergstrom (Cassie Miles). We'll have a great time.

The Published Author Network seminars look interesting, as do many others, but I've missed most of the seminars since I've been going. Think I really want to go to the one on taxes, though.

That's it for today, now need to write and see my friend who's out of the hospital and prepare for the Day Job tomorrow.

May any excitement you feel pour into your work today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Can't wait to see you at the party, Robin! It's going to be so much fun!

Shannon McKelden

12:46 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, yeah, we gonna boogie!

Robin

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get to the Pacific Northwest but bear in mind that you might get only rain even it is August! Lovely green though, and apart from the local beauties you would be able to go over the border to Vancouver, Victoria or Whistler. Whorth it!
In the meant time have a wonderful time at Atlanta and share a bit with us!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]