On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Life -- Day Job etc.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Second day (today) at the day job and my schedule is already shot. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm not getting my wordcount done this am. I have a feeling that this dept. expects me to take an hour lunch (which I tend not to do) AND to socialize during it, so I guess I'll do that today and see if I can squeeze in a few words, maybe get a page done.

I had agent/publisher obligations to fulfil yesterday evening and it was Hot, so I didn't write. I also drove across town to catsit...all rationalizations, I know.

I have a couple of big things on my mind. My body has not been feeling well, so I started an excercise program. I had a fall last week and really bunged up my knee, but don't want to go to the doctor.

And the REAL BIGGIE, a friend of mine has been diagnosed with brain cancer. I didn't visit him in the hospital, and now he's been released I need to get by. Set aside at least an evening to help his family and see him. He's too young. This should not be happening to him and his family. I don't like it and want it to go away. And all my friends feel like this.

So keep him in your thoughts and prayers, please.

May your writing be unaffected by anything else today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending our best vibrations for health to your friend! I am sure that his family and friends will give their best love and support.
He will be in our prayers too.

9:11 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I appreciate it.
Robin

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I do hope your friend gets better and finds comfort in the love of the people around him. It's hard to see someone you care about suffer. Take care of yourself, too.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]