On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Writing Out of Sequence – Set Up

Image hosting by PhotobucketHuh. All right, I went to a chapter that I'd been working on a while back and found I'd set up a scene but have no clue where it was supposed to go. I hadn't left myself any notes.

I THINK that I was going to explain a magical world-building concept here since I had characters on hand (Marian and Jaquar) who are Sorcerers who could explain it in dialogue. But I reread the previous chapter and I think that's enough, as well as putting in a sentence of exposition. So though I worked on the scene, I think it's time for it to go into the "hold" file where all my out-takes are. I'll use a couple more paragraphs to tell what happens and then move on to the next, more important, scene.

May you write fast and good today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]