On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

3 PEARLS!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

First, thanks to everyone who already congratluated me on the comments to my previous blog. Needless to say, I'm very, very pleased. Feel like a Olympic gold medalist!

I can't really claim that the Paranormal Excellence Award in Romantic Literature for Best Anthology for What Dreams May Come as all mine, but I'm sure Rebecca York and Sherrilyn Kenyon will be equally pleased.

I WAS quite surprised that Heart Choice won the Best Fantasy/Magical Romance, since Guardian of Honor was also up and I was sure that the vote would be split.

What REALLY touched me was that Road of Adventure won Best Novella/Short Story. I don't know whether I posted here about that story. I used it to work through a couple of rough events in my life and it's very special to me.

So thanks to all those who belong to the Paranormal Readers loop for honoring me!

May you find great satisfaction in your writing today.
Robin

8 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

This is too much.
I just popped in over here to let you know that I finally read "What Dreams May Come" two days ago and what do I see?
Well Deserved Awards!!!!
Congratulations.

Even though I enjoyed reading all 3 stories, and I equally enjoy the other two authors, yours had more of the elements I look for in a good story.
Road of Adventure's appeal was enhanced by a very unique cat. Perhaps that was the clincher, I can't be sure.
Boris , as a supporting character, was truly a star.
Any plans on bringing him back?
It would be a shame to waste all that kitty greatness and attitude on only one story.
**snicker** of course, cats being cats, they'll tell you in THEIR own good time. They train us well.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I just re-read my comment. I hope I didn't make you cringe too hard when I mixed tenses in the same sentence. Sorry.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Congratulations, Robin! I was thrilled when I read the results!

You deserve it and I have read and loved all the winners.

12:16 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Michele, thanks for the comment on Boris! I don't think he'll come back, but he's much like Zanth in the Heart books who continues to show up occasionally.

I didn't notice your mixed tenses...and I don't always mess with my own writing (if I did, I'd rewrite the blog 10 times), so I discount any errors I see in comments...this is like conversational chat. Don't ever worry about spelling, tenses or anything else.

Thank you, Maura! I haven't read all the winners, but have read most of them, and quite a few of the finalists.

Robin

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope, selfishly, that this means that we will get all the planned Heart books! Congratulations

5:50 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Woohoo! Way to go, Robin! :D

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congratulations, Robin! Well-deserved. I loved Heart Choice and Guardian is definitely on my TBB list.

11:37 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Holly and Jennette! Reader, I hope Berkley likes the new stories, too. I didn't get them out this week, but plan to next week
Robin

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]