On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

02-22-06 Tools & Memories

Written late 02/21/06 for tomorrow. We will be leaving early tomorrow am. I am going to look exactly what I am, a city girl tenderfoot. I will be wearing brand new jeans (I usually wear cords, that's not good at horse camp) and I bought new cowboy boots. They are probably poorly constructed, but I needed boots and since they matched the cover art of POF, I was weak. I don't think I had a pair of cowboy boots since I was 5. I wanted red ones, like the ones I had when I was 5, but they didn't have them in my size. Mom's been her usual teasing self -- when I was getting the map out..."We are in New Mexico. Arizona starts with an 'a.' New Mexico is two words...." so it went throughout the day

I am in the lobby of the hotel because they don't have wireless and whilst running around looking for boots this am, I neglected to pack a cable. So consider this a reprise of the last time I went on the road, pack the right tools.

Still, life is good. We ate at La Placitas which I also remember from childhood. It has a tree growing through one of the rooms and we sat next to it. Hard to forget that. It's one of my good memories of my father, eating with the family at La Placitas.

So, use your memories...in fact, I still have my website to update. Maybe I should use that as my theme for my Artist Excercises.

I DO want to see the Olympics, so I'm signing off.

If you use a memory in your work today, may it be awesome!
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first got on horseback, as an adult, I'd also been teaching for some time, and found it useful to treat the horses as I would a stubborn student: be firm, keep your authority, and take no nonsense. "GIT away from that fence! No, we are NOT stopping for a snack. I don't care if the barn is in sniffing distance, we are WALKING!"

9:38 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I'll remember that.

Robin

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I'm so jealous. I love the Southwest. Pack some Advil--you will be sore after your first ride, no matter how gentle or brief. You'll hurt in muscles you didn't know you had, because you've never used them before.

Most of all--enjoy!

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]