On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cross Blogged....Wow. HeartMate Out of Print...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWow. I KNEW Berkley was reissuing HeartMate (with new cover, probably an amber heart necklace) in August, but I didn't know that there were, like, no new copies...but it seems so. At least on amazon and bn.com and Ingrams there aren't any to be had directly from the sites (though in the "used" section there are some new ones). Wow.

There are, of course, other copies floating around the web. The highest price I saw for a new copy was $17, the lowest for a used copy was $2.00.

**big eyes**

I DO have an email out to my editor, but I think this is a good sign. Don't know how many they'll print for the reissue...meanwhile, I think I have a source for first printing of HeartMate (maybe 3 books), but all my first printing have either been used as "author copies" and are marked up, or the cats...

Anyway, just sharing the news.

May all your writing dreams come true,Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Wow indeed, Robin. That's great news. Congratulations, and I hope they get a fresh new bunch of books out there to sell some more!

Paula

12:53 PM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Well, I have the old cover copy, but I want one with a new cover...you know so they look like a collection. ;)

And I never imagined T'ash looking even remotely like the cover model, though the cat was perfect to my mind.

A nice purty amber necklace on the cover works well for me.

terri

8:18 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Paula. I hope it's great news. My editor isn't in, but I spoke to her assistant and it really is out of print...

Terri, actually T'Ash was a bit like the late Oliver Reed, when young and with bright blue eyes...or maybe Lorenzo Lamas, I think...something like that...

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]