On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 16, 2005

Routine -- Audio Books

Image hosted by Photobucket.comYes, I'm going on about this topic this week. I still haven't gotten mine down. I waited all day yesterday for bro to come over and fix the washer (he didn't), and cleaned and tidied (so that WAS a plus), but didn't write. While cleaning I had my walkman and was listening to Goblet of Fire....so when day turned into evening (the low point of my emotional day, then night, I didn't write either).

Also, my email and website has been spotty. I'm not sure what to do about this except to apologize to you who've left comments which I haven't responded to yet. Furthermore it looked like the Access Romance site was down for about 4 hours on the 14th and apparently that was when my prize was supposedly given away. I like the people at Access Romance but apparently the site is having problems. So I spent some time being frustrated at not getting email (I usually get at least one or two contest entries that say "like your books" and give me a boost...) Don't know how long these issues will continue to occur...

So, again, rationalizations and a failure of routine, and I DO believe in making wordcount every day (but I don't punish myself if I don't, like add "interest" on the wordcount, that is counterproductive for me. Because occasionally I (or you) will miss wordcount and punishing just loads a heavier guilt-trip/goal on myself (yourself) that makes it harder to write. AND WE DON'T NEED ANYTHING THAT MAKES IT HARDER TO WRITE.

Well, the cats believe in routine, too, and I haven't fed them yet today. Diva is sitting on my desk (but not quite staring at me). I think they do know the words "I'M WORKING!"

May your routine go well today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

Routines are difficult to maintain this time of year. I'm fighting to finish my book... Wordcount? If I get a page or two a day I'm happy. Sometimes you have to crawl and sometimes you get to run.

I'm at, er...731 for the day. Sigh. Back to it.

10:09 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I'm just hanging in there...as we all are.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]