On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 09, 2005

December Website Update!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes, my website update is now done for December. New Image hosted by Photobucket.com Exercises HERE: http://robindowens.com/freeyourartist.htm The ecards are snow and blizzards, the Surprise slightly sick...

On my WORLDS page under Heart Choice, I have the list of music I listened to while writing it. Since it was my first attempt at a soundtrack for myself, it only has a few entries, Mitchella's theme, Straif's them, etc...much more music in my personal soundtrack for the books I've written since. http://robindowens.com/worlds/worlds_heartchoice.htm

My contest this month is for ONE Kirks Folly Fairy Wish Well Rubbing stone (both sides are shown) which comes in it's own pink pouch. The excerpt from Heart Choice for the contest is from the last chapter...but it does reveal character...

I haven't gotten Defender of the Flight up on my Reads page yet since I'm still tweaking the first chapter (sometimes I rewrite it after I've finished the book).

The sun is shining today and it looks like the temp will creep up to 41. My office gets full sun and is toasty with Massive Computer on, so I put the house down to 58 or so. Downstairs is cold, so I haven't been housecleaning down there.

I DID get my wordcount done yesterday with that burst of inspiration from the night before. Almost twice my wordcount.

So may you all have a sunny, high wordcount day!
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun links in your website and all the interesting bits too.
I do not know why but I can see the graphic with you name that you have at the top of this Post on all the pages of your web site except at Home where at the top there is a grey rectangel.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

sunny?
We have almost a foot of snow.

sure is pretty though.

Congrats on update...great to feel sense of accomplishment on such a high word count.
impressed!

6:22 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Reader, that's because I have a little program (a java applet) on my home page banner. If you don't have java installed, you don't see it. It's a "water" effect, if you move the pointer around, it ripples.

And it's an affectation and I know everyone doesn't have java, but I couldn't resist.

Robin

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]