On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Rough Draft -- Handwritten

No, I don't often do this anymore, but here's an early part of Guardian of Honor. Note the cross outs, the "stet" which I picked up from my copy editor which means "leave it" and most of all the #1. Inevitably, since I don't write in sequence, I have thoughts that I put somewhere else when my mind is speeding and then need to integrate it back into the story. Also here is #1...

Oh, and the actual published pages of Guardian of Honor...which don't look much at all like the rough draft! Actually, I think bits of this are sprinkled through out the chapter...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

May your writing be smooth today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]