On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Dreaded Scene

Every once and a while I have to go back and insert a scene (or, even worse, rewrite the daunting chapter 1), and sometimes it becomes A Dreaded Scene. I know what I have to do, I doubt that I can do it, or I just DON'T want to do it.

However, it usually turns out that the time I've spent worrying about it, or bitching and moaning about it, or dragging my heels NOT to do it is approximately twice the time it takes to actually write/revise the sucker.

This is true. For me, and perhaps for you. (yeah, yeah, yeah, bad rhyme).

So, don't worry about what you haven't written yet. Again, easier said then done, just reminding you.

Love to all and may your writing bring NO worries for many, many days.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the critique groups have some member who is exclusively a "reader"? I think it might help to get the view of an outsider, one of the long suffering readers out there, that despair of getting some reading with originality and flair. All I get sometimes is copy of a copy of a copy - G Heyer at nauseum and now with the de rigeur hot bits that don fit at all!

11:13 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I know some authors do have outside readers, but I don't...no reason, just haven't run into anyone...

Robin

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]