On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 07, 2005

Cut Scenes

All right, I can't always recall what I've discussed or not, here, and really don't have the time to check out the topics. I suspect in the future I'll be making a list of topics so I don't repeat myself often...

Anyway, Heart Thief was the book with the most cut scenes. I REWROTE that book at least five times and it came in WAY over wordcount (my wordcount for Berkley tends to press their limits). So I had to cut. All of the scenes that were predominantly fantasy (at one point I was writing it as a fantasy with romantic subplot), had to go. I still have scenes I could put up on my website monthly for about a year...and yes, that's a seague.

My November website is up! Since I'm part of an author community now, they're very strict and want updates by about the 15th of the month. That's usually far too early for me, and I can't make those deadlines, so my website tends to be a little late (and always has been).

WEBSITE CONTEST -- ARC OF SORCERESS OF FAITH!

WORLDS -- this is where the seague comes in...Under Heart Choice I put up a "Pinky Wants to Become A Fam" that didn't make it into the book. We saw a brief conversation, and the results, but nothing as long as this, and I intended to make it longer still...

My recent news is up, and, of course, my Free Your Artist Page with exercises exploring Home and fun free links with the monthly divination and ecards changed...

Love to all (and back to writing -- it's going well today except there was a brief power outage or surge that clicked off my machine. Luckily I only lost a couple of lines).

May all your scenes be keepers today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

The fourth book of my series is about 1/3 longer than all the others. Talk about cutting scenes--it's going to take a lot of work. My friend told me she thinks I just don't want to end my time with these people. I suspect she's right.

8:40 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Contest for Arc!!

YAY! Thanks Robin!!!


terri

1:45 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Sex, can you break it into 2 books? Or more?

Moon, THANKS!

Robin

8:43 PM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Your welcome! Easy fix.

VBG

moon

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]