On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Puma Ranch Road


I'd like to say that I am now on Facebook nearly every day. But I realize this goes to amazon and goodreads, so I'll have to update more often.
Story re: Feral Magic novella series. As those of you who've read Feral Magic know, there was a Dimensional Portal in one of the valleys near Idaho Springs, and after the climax of the story, I left Brandy and Dak at a Bed and Breakfast there. I was looking for valleys near Idaho Springs, Colorado, and came across the name "Puma Ranch Road." I researched it, and when I was up in that area last weekend, I went looking for it, and found it. Unfortunately there were a couple of problems. First, the road was going UP and not DOWN into the valley. Second, it is not open to the public, and third, I made a promise to myself that if I found a dirt road that looked like it might have ice or snow on it, I wouldn't go on it this trip, but wait until the summer.

So here's a picture of the warning sign...that means I'll find another valley and rename a road...

May you enjoy every place on Earth you look at today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]