On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Every Work is Different


HeartFortuneSmaller

Photobucket

I am struggling more with Heart Fortune than I have for a Celta novel for a long time. Usually by this time, I have every scene in mind for the end of the book, and all I need to do is write them. For Heart Fortune, I DO know the end scenes, but I still need to work on the middle.

I am only panicking a little (lie). I've decided to write the last part of the book and work backwards. I've done this before with Heart Dance (thus the cover up), and for Protector of the Flight. So I know it can be done.

This is, of course, one of the moments where I chant the mantra "trust yourself."

Many thanks for listening,
Robin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the covers!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Gina G said...

The cover is beautiful & so is Jace. Am being a bit forward - but you just want to take a bite ;)

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, love, love, love the covers & yes, you do just want to take a bite or even run your hands up that backl. Yum.

Cindy

7:50 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I'm thinking I need to write a scene with the tatt...

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you do, that is a fabulous tat & not girly.

5:15 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks! I'm throwing words at it...but you know they really should be linked together in a plot, thus the transitions will be the last to write.

And I love Heart Fortune's cover.

7:41 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, with a tatt on Celta...I think the hawkcel can sit on his shoulders and the ink appears...that's how I was planning to write it. Maybe part of the bond.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]