On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Work Today: Enovella Blurb

All right, I AM working on the enovella. I have finished my heavy edits, my friend Rose Beetem and I have finished the copy edits. I have a new title. I have a cover. I know the price for the enovella will be $2.99.

I'm not allowed, quite, to plug this yet, and I don't know the pub date for sure. It WILL have an excerpt of Enchanted Ever After in the back.

Today I (and people from both of my critique groups) wrote the "back cover copy" or blurb. And though I can't post the blurb yet, either, I am proud of it.

I am very proud that it took me only a day. I can recall when writing a blurb would be 3-5 days of hair-pulling, much cursing and mumbling while pacing.

I have experience now, I usually know my story well by the time I get to this point, and I have an outline I follow that I got from a Romance Writers of America seminar a few years ago. This saves my sanity.

Along, as always, with my critique buddies.

Robin



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]