On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Afraid to open Author Copies -- Enchanted Ever After

Yes, I am afraid to open my author copies of Enchanted Ever After. At four points in the book, I wanted a different font.

The copy editor got this, my editor got this, and we had several major conversations with the art department (apparently they do the special fonts) as to what font we wanted since we were limited by their software. I wanted a cursive font with connected letters, like so:

By the time I got the final edits, I was stunned to see that there was no special font, after all that effort by so many. I contacted everyone I needed to, hoped I found all the places, and sent it in on a wave of exhaustion.

I'm not sure everything made it.

So, like, I haven't even opened the boxes...

I guess I should nerve myself and do that.

Robin


2 Comments:

Blogger Mikaela said...

Maybe they add it at the same time as they apply the house style formatting?

1:18 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I don't know, but I still haven't looked, maybe tomorrow...

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]